I asked you guys earlier for ldr songs and here’s all I came up with!! Thanks for all the suggestions!! :)
no mom, do not ask that relative if they want to talk to me next on the phone.
when you have a lot of homework and not enough time
I haven’t had sex in months.
- In high school they told us: There will be no grades in a class except the midterm and the final, so you have to study hard because failing one test means you fail the class.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Hey, you guys are working really hard on your third paper, so I'm just going to cancel the final and give everyone a hundred on it.
- In high school they told us: In college, class always begins exactly at the scheduled start time. If your class is at 9 AM and you get there at 9:01, the doors will be locked and you'll be out of luck, especially if it's the day of the midterm or final, because then you get a zero.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Does anyone mind if I start class at 3:35 instead of 3:30? These elevators are really slow and I want to have time for a cigarette before I teach for 90 minutes.
- In high school they told us: Every class you miss drops you a full letter grade in college courses.
- Once I was in college almost every professor said: You can miss three classes without a penalty, and a few more if you have a Doctor's note. Sorry to be a hardass, but you automatically fail if you miss more than ten days of class.
- In high school they told us: If you do have papers, your professors just lecture and put the assignments on the syllabus. You're completely responsible for remembering the deadlines, they won't remind you. All your professors will do is lecture and the rest is up to you.
- Once I was in college a professor said: Okay, so your next paper is in two weeks! I'll keep reminding you in the interim, but I just want to make sure you have enough time to do it! Let's run through the structure I want to see real quick, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or come to my office hours!
- In high school they told us: You have to use MLA formatting and if you make any mistakes in your citations, it'll be considered plagiarism. You'll be expelled and probably sued.
- Once I was in college almost every professor said: Please do not use MLA, it is awful, we use either APA or Chicago here because we are not 14 years old.
- In high school they told me: There is no excuse for an absence. NONE.
- In college I called a professor and said: I'm really, really, really sorry but it's -18 before windchill and I have to walk two miles to get to class.
- The professor said: You stay inside and stay safe. Here's what we're reading today. I'll quiz you next week and if you can get a 90% I'll mark you present. I know you live off-campus, do you have food?
- In high school they told me: Your advisor is just for academia, not personal problems.
- In college my advisor called me: Are you okay? I haven't seen you in class in two weeks and I know you have depression. I can drop off your work if you'd like. Please call me and tell me how you're doing even if you can't get to class.
- In high school they told me: Don't argue. You think this is bad, wait til college.
- In college all but one of my professors said: You wanna argue, do it in a civil manner. We didn't get here today without 5000 years of healthy debate.
- In Addition:
- In high school they told me: You need to exceed all of your peers to get your teacher's attention and MAYBE they'll give you a good reference with a network.
- Most of my college teachers: Hey, you're fucking funny, I like you, you say intelligent things sometimes, and some dumb shit but you're here to learn and if you need a recommendation, come to me and I'll help out.
- High School: Forced the quiet kids to talk
- College: You're quiet... give me a good amount of thought in your papers and tests and your participation points will be counted.
- High School: Don't ask questions, just listen and do the readings and you'll be fine!
- College: ASK QUESTIONS YOU QUIET CRICKETS!!! Seriously, how in the hell am I supposed to know you understand me? I know you all don't get this shit, it's hard so ask questions!
its kinda scary how your whole life depends on how well you do as a teenager
no one will ever understand the deep fucking connection I have with this film
For real though
Ok guys I need to talk about this movie.
The Breakfast Club came out in 1985 and to this day is, in my opinion, one of the greatest damn movies ever to barely even have a script.
During the famous “dance” scene, Molly Ringwald, who played the “princess” Claire, was supposed to a small little dance by herself, but she was shy so all of them did some dancing together, creating one of the most famous film scene’s to date. It was improvised.
During the scene in the film where the characters sat down and told why they were their, there was NO SCRIPT. John Huges told the cast to sit there and improvise why they thought their characters were there, creating that heart wrenching scene everyone could relate to.
EVERYONE can relate to this movie and thats the best damn thing.
On March 24, 1984, five students entered a detention room thinking it was just another Saturday. Before the day was over, they broke the rules, bared their souls, and touched each other in a way they never dreamed possible.
EVERYONE IN THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE THE BREAKFAST CLUB.
I LOVE THIS FILM
Moi aussi. It is a wonderful movie, and you don’t even mind the overt stereotypes. It teaches you that stereotypes exist for a reason.
eyebrow gaps are better than thigh gaps reblog if u agree
this is my new favorite twitter account
"College kids literally don’t care about walking in the way of cars at school because we’re like “hit me i don’t care pay my tuition.”"
"Hit me my thesis is due in 12 hours and I haven’t started it"
"Hit me I have a final in an hour and I didn’t study"
"Hit me I’ve been on a 24 hour drinking binge and I’m invincible"
"Hit me. You’re a university vehicle and I’ll get free tuition."
"Hit me I feel like a failure anyway"(via infelicific)